2.12.2013

nuns' farts

P E T S   D E   N O N N E S




My 7 year old and I were looking through one of my favorite cookbooks last Saturday morning trying to decide what to make for an impromptu lunch with our friend Pogey. We wanted to eat in the garden because we are having the most incredible weather this February - 68 degrees and sunny!! Our simple menu was coming together nicely but then we stepped it up a notch with dessert. I don't normally make dessert for lunch but Claude giggled so hard at this recipe that we just had to make them. Nuns' farts. How fabulous. And they were! Easy, too.

By the way, I am completely enthralled with THE CANAL HOUSE COOKING cookbooks. All of them. I love Christopher & Melissa's philosophy and their elegant ease to cooking. They inspire me to slow down and make me want to call my best girlfriends to come over to cook together. This recipe comes from Volume No 5, page 118. 

our winter garden lunch menu:   
leeks with a mustard vinaigrette, pan fried chicken thighs with thyme, a baguette with BARIANI early harvest extra virgin olive oil + sea salt for dipping, and sunglasses.


1 comment:

  1. I want to try one of these- how funny! I can just imagine Claude laughing hysterically...the garden lunch sounded delicious too.

    ReplyDelete